• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone dealt with Directron lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

I have my whole system ready to order on Newegg, but found Directron actually has the Mobo I want.

I have everythign in a cart, but it doesnt say whats in stock and what isnt. I never trust that :/

They are about 2 hours away from me in Texas, so shipping is like next day. Sure wouldnt mind to give them a try...anyone got an opinion? The ResllerRatings is good.

I haven't bought from directron, but I deal with their RMA department somewhat often at work. They're a legit company. They're also known as Houston Computers I believe in Texas.

Not lately but once a long time ago and once about a year ago, just simple purchases. They've been around for ages and aren't going anywhere and are a perfectly good place to buy.

I tried to buy some IC diamond 7 thermal grease a few days ago. I ordered it on Thursday, heard nothing on Friday then on Monday I got an e-mail saying it was out of stock.

I bought some stuff from them in Jan. everything went fine, the only downside is having to pay sales tax since they're in state.

the only downside is having to pay sales tax since they're in state.

Same. I do buy from them every once in a while though. Looks to me like they are slowly going out of business so everything is slowly going out of stock without new purchases.

i order from them i would say min once a week sometimes 2-3 times a week for work i place order from $50, to $600, never once have i had a bad order or pblem in 4 years of using them, i ditched zzf and newegg once i found em.

Well I just ordered a Mobo from them. Was going to buy more from them...but the sales tax made it more afforadable to get it from Newegg. Ahh well. Shall see how this goes :)

Directron of Houston Tx

Stay away!!! This company is a nightmare to deal with. Totally incompetent people who provide false and misleading information. Got a motherboard that didn't work properly and was given an RMA to return it. The board was in perfect condition, other than some internal problems with the USB on the board and when they received the board, failed to call or email. Then they said they were returning the board to me because the socket pins were bent. They sent a case for the motherboard but it was the wrong size, sent another case which was received dented. They have failed to provide the promised credit after having received the merchandise back for a week. This company should not be in business.

Very different from my almost 9 years experience with them, just put in an order for $5,200 worth of server gear and will always go to Directron first for my orders.

Steverobin..

few questions..

Did you package the board properly to make sure it would not get damaged when shipped back?

Did you in fact damage the pins?

As for the case that didn't fit, why would they send you a case? did you not order the case you're self? Why were they sending you a case? And if you ordered the case, clearly YOU did not do your research on what boards would fit in it.

As for a dented case, that could be from the shipping company, not Directron to which you should tell directron and then file a claim with the shipping company.

The most recent order is not my first order with Directron. I had purchased several Mobos from them in the past and didn't have a problem. The mobo received booted find except that when a USB device was plugged in the computer would freeze. I have assembled many computers and never bent a pin. The board was inspected initially and after the CPU was removed. The board was packaged exactly like it was received with all the protective CPU elements in place. Directron said that they bench tested the board and perhaps in doing so, they damaged the pins. I don't think it's that easy to bend a pin when the CPU aligned correctly and inserted into the socket.

The case is another story. I bought two boards and Suzel said that the board I ordered would fit the case. I had previously had a problem with them identifying the case as being compatible when it was not. So when the first case arrived, it was a mini case for a full size board. They agreed to send a full size case. The Mobo was returned and a new board sent. I asked Suzel if the board was a mini or full size board and was assured it was a full size board. Wrong, it was a mini board and the case returned would have worked just fine. Now the replacement case was received dented. Yes, I could make a claim with UPS, but Directron has yet to respond to 3 calls and 4 emails. It is usually easier for the shipper to handle the problem. If UPS picked up the case and processed a claim, I still need a case.

They sent a replacement Mobo and case. They charged me for shipping when they said the items would be sent prepaid as it should have been. These items were replacing a board that didn't work and a case that supposedly was the wrong size. I think you can see the comedy of errors and no attempt to do much more than blame the customer. This is not the way you embrace a problem

At this time Directron issued a credit for the wrong memory sent and a case. They did not provide a credit for the defective board. The interesting thing about the board I returned to them is that they never acknowledged receipt of the board nor any problem with the board, i.e. bent pins. I called them 4 days after UPS indicated they received the merchandise from me. It was upon my call to them that the bent pins was discussed. I would think that if they received the board from me and bent pins were discovered, I should have been called immediately and perhaps a picture of the socket emailed to me.

There are many other problems in dealing with this company. There are too many other companies out there that provide good service. The company I am dealing with now is a shadow of the company that I dealt with 8 years ago.

Guvt.

I STILL wont use them after almost a decade. Ordered basically everything for 2 systems at once, they DIDN'T send some parts, other parts were COMPLETELY different from what was ordered. When I called to inquire where the missing parts were(listed on bill of lading but not present) , as well as why I was shipped completely different parts(as in not comparable and different vendor entirely,) I was outright accused of lying and oddly enough theft (they based the lying statement solely on how much it weighed and NOTHING more.) I gave them the option of refunding me, shipping the correct parts and paying to ship the "freebies" at their cost or I could reverse/dispute the charges and let them deal with the bank. I was then informed of suggested acts that are physically impossible for me to self perform and hung up on.

I then sent an email in great detail explaining what happened to every email address I could find for Directron. Not long afterwards, I was provided with a shipping label to return the "freebies". Once they received the shipment back, they shipped the missing components.

At no time ever has there been any contact to apologize, follow up, or anything similar.

Directron is on my VERY short list of companies that I refuse to even contemplate dealing with. If they were a person in medical need I wouldn't be their good samaritan, "I'm sorry I do not feel comfortable helping them" would be all I would do/say.

Back