• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping for Mobo need advice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

I am looking for a good, but not to expensive motherboard to build my next computer. It is going to be a socket 370 P3 1GHz processor. The board has to have a 4x AGP and three dimm banks. I want to overclock of course too. I have 146 dollars to spend on the motherboard and case. Your advice will be very appreciated.

Abit ST6, Gigabyte Tualatin board

both are tualatin comaptible and that means you will be able to upgrade in the future to cpus of 1.4 and higher speeds, and also both are excellent overclockers, i recommend the Gigabyte because of its 1/5 1/6 divider with a special technology that brings everything as close to spec as possible......both have three dimm banks but as a result of the i815EP chipset you will only be able to use 512megs ram max, the Abit should run you 80$, i dunno bout the Gigabyte...

I have looked at both, and I decided to go with the ST6. It was close though, but I would rather go with an Abit board, and it fits nicely into my budget. Thanks for your opinion guys.

Back