• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small and stable board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luie

i want to build a very small pc to save space on my desk.
what small mobo do you experts recommend?

(i am new to intel stuff)

you should look at a micro ATX board then....
But what kind of PC you looking for???
A P3/C2?
or a P4???
if you want a P4, i think AMD might be a better solution from a price/preformance standpoint.

ok, recommendation of p4 micro Atx boards.
my purpose of this microatx p4 pc is that i can turn it on 24 hours nonstop with out it getting unstable or too hot. as well as that, I need a pc that is small.

thanks

Something not to get till they get the BIOS right...

...Aopen MX4BS.
At work, we actually called Aopen and had them make a custome BIOS for us to solve a few problems, but we keep finding more and more with this board. My advice is to stay as far away from it as possible.

Overclocking options for BD7M?

Do you know if there are any overclocking options for the BD7M? I saw your post since I also need a P4 mATX board and checked the ABIT website. They don't list it as having ABIT's usual overclocking features. I called their tech support but they said they don't have info on the BD7M yet (which I thought was a bit strange but there you have it).

No SoftMenu III or LAN on BD7M

I don't know whats going on with Abit, but after reading that the BD7M has SMenu III and on board NIC I bought one to go with my P4 1.6A.

'cept it doesn't. The manual says there is a NIC, but does not mention SMenu III. There is NO SMenu III and a whole where the RJ45 socket is meant to be.

You go to hell Abit, you go to hell and you die.... :mad:

This may only apply to UK boards?

Back