• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You THINK your ram is stable? Think again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXiDeciMaL

Registered
goto www.memtest86.com
it tests your ram transistor by transistor, putting MAX stress on each 1 of em. I ran loops of 3Dmark and Q3 without ANY problems, but Prime95 was giving me errors, i knew it wasn't my CPU overheating cuz i was running it @ default settings. I found memtest86 and found out that my ram was screwed, even @ default speeds....

NEVER buy KingMax ram from Asia... I got 2 sticks of their DDR300 ram from HK and both are fuked, seems like KingMax ram that were exported are doing fine tho... but I have a feeling memtest86 would reveal some errors with some sticks of KingMax.. Their quality control SUX ***, at least for sticks sold in Asia. Good thing I can return it, gonna get some Crucial tomorrow

HeXiDeciMaL said:
goto www.memtest86.com
it tests your ram transistor by transistor, putting MAX stress on each 1 of em. I ran loops of 3Dmark and Q3 without ANY problems, but Prime95 was giving me errors, i knew it wasn't my CPU overheating cuz i was running it @ default settings. I found memtest86 and found out that my ram was screwed, even @ default speeds....

NEVER buy KingMax ram from Asia... I got 2 sticks of their DDR300 ram from HK and both are fuked, seems like KingMax ram that were exported are doing fine tho... but I have a feeling memtest86 would reveal some errors with some sticks of KingMax.. Their quality control SUX ***, at least for sticks sold in Asia. Good thing I can return it, gonna get some Crucial tomorrow

I can understand the frustration but maybe a better choice in language would be in order. Good Luck with Crucial.

if my PC has been running without a BSOD and even the program shows a RAM error in the nth loop so what?

before you also tried some other RAM from other vendors to make sure problem is not with your system your comments tend to be a bit pre-mature.

you can return the RAM module just because of faulty memtest results what's the point to swear?

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums.
In future posts please watch your language a bit, the mods don't appreciate cursing.

Back