• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

Ed, great read :beer:

...I am saying something radical has to happen in that time.

We'll talk about that tomorrow, for now, I'll just say that the why is more important than the what.

Like a cliff hanger, overclocker's style! The suspense is killing me man! :)

Yeah, I thought it was good too. I can't wait to see what else he will say on this subject.

Looks to me like AMD is just digging themselves in deeper and deeper and I just don't see how their long term viability will be assured without radical changes somewheres.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't read Ed's editorial, here's a link to it.

If AMD does fall, Intel will be the target of the goverment officials. AMD seems to be the only competition that Intel has in the personal computing. In my opinion, IBM and AMD would be the most efficient pair, but IBM has started to move away from the consumer services and products and more and more into industrial and business services and products.

If AMD does fall, Intel will be the target of the goverment officials. AMD seems to be the only competition that Intel has in the personal computing. In my opinion, IBM and AMD would be the most efficient pair, but IBM has started to move away from the consumer services and products and more and more into industrial and business services and products.

IBM has had their time, AMD seems as if they have had their time, it's a rollercoaster of endless changes, decisions, and markets. IBM just needs to go away, they lost their ability after the IBM PC back in that day and time. AMD, on the other hand, I would like to see stick around, they gave Intel a good run every now and then, I hate to see them get down like this.

Via actually is still around, actually, and seems to have an ace in thier next chip for low-power computing, where evreyone (including Intel) is trying to go right now. Intel'll still have some competition if AMD kills itself.

Back