• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Obitus2k

Registered
I can get a great deal on a Soyo SY-P4IS2 and a P4 1.5 plus a 300watt power supply.

I don't really know anything about Soyo boards so any advice would be good. It seems like a good board. Also, I would be planning to try to get the 1.5 OC'd to 1.7 or 1.8 and want to know if this board would be good for that.

I would also like any advice you can give on a heatsink/fan that will cool well but not be very loud. I had a Volcano 6cu+ and took it back cause it was too dern loud. I now have an Antec Jetcool that is going a good job for a lot less noise. Do they make an SK6 for a P4? Any suggestions for a P4 heatsink/fan?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have had two of them, not the one that you are looking at, but two older versions (socket 370). Both have been excellent boards, and are very OC'er friendly. Very good bios menu's to aid in OC'ing. Give it a try, I dont think that you will be dissapointed.

Back