• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply rating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolemitecomputer

I had a discussion with someone about this before. Is the rating on a power supply normally the peak or sustained? I thought that it was the peak and the sustained is of course lower than what is on the power supply label. Someone had told me that their Antec supply is rated at 500 something sustained but peak is somewhere around 700? Is that right?

you should checkout the manufacturers' sites....i asked a engineer about the specs and he looked em over for a couple minutes and stated the enermax specs are misleading and that antec's (pp-412x) will put out more, guy's been an engineer for more than 30years, so i went out an bought the psu:D

That is what someone had told me. I have a Enermax rated 431. I have used it for around 9 months and it has been rock solid. I checked the voltage lines and they seem up to spec according to the BIOS and motherboard monitor. But that still doesn't answer my question if the numbers on the label are considered peak or sustained.

Unless otherwise stated, the specifications listed on the PSU represent continuous duty ratings.

73, Hoot

Back