• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Extreme Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Extreme can be either 24/7 or benching. The common types are Dry ice, Liquid nitrogen (LN2), Phase change, and peltiers. The first two are benching only, as the dry ice or LN2 will evaporate, and your cooling will be gone. Dice and LN2 are cheap to start off with, but have higher operating costs. Phase change is more expensive to start with, but isnt as expensive to run. Peltiers are Fairly cheap, and need a watercooling system to take the heat away, but they use alot of electricity and will cause a noticable increase in your power bill if you use it 24/7.
I suggest reading the stickies, they have alot of information, and are well laid out.

I dont think there are any really cheap extreme coling options, otherwise they wouldnt be extreme cos everyone could do it.
iF your willing to cut corners then you could make something extreme cheaper but performance would be hindered.

I have seen someone use a kitchen pan for a DI session before. thats xtreme ghetto.

I dont think there are any really cheap extreme coling options, otherwise they wouldnt be extreme cos everyone could do it.
iF your willing to cut corners then you could make something extreme cheaper but performance would be hindered.

I have seen someone use a kitchen pan for a DI session before. thats xtreme ghetto.

Remember where? This is something I have to see.

Back