• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, I give up. How do you replace the fuse of a Prometeia Mach II??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
I've struggled with the fuse holder for a good hour now. I've tried twisting it, prying at it, all to no avail. I have absolutely no idea what to do to get the fuse out.

It looks like this if it helps:

ProMach2GT_det4a.jpg

Help the noob please. amstupid.gif

Reading the article where you got that pic from, it says they struggled with a paper clip bent at 90°... have you tried that? ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's that black cylinder?

There ain't no way a paper clip would've been able to handle the force needed to remove it. Finally got it after using a monkey wrench as a lever to a screwdriver drill bit.

Sigh.

Very few people still use these, but I might as well leave this up for anyone that might need it...

Watch out, what load you have on it? Fuses don't pop for no reason.
It popped about a year ago because a power outage forced it to power cycle. Since then, it seems like I broke it, and it has a leak. :-/

Popping fuses on the Mach II's is pretty common. I probably went through over a dozen while I had mine. To get the fuse out, I just used a flat head screw driver. Keep in mind it's only like a quarter turn before it should release and pop out. You will have to push the screwdriver a tiny bit.

The thing you need to realize is that if the fuse is popping you are running the compressor past its normal operating range, and overloading it.

That's true, unless your control board was faulty like mine, which would pop the fuse on start up. I spoke to prom/nventiv quite some time back, and they acknowledged the boards had a problem and would still sell replacements.

Popping fuses on the Mach II's is pretty common. I probably went through over a dozen while I had mine. To get the fuse out, I just used a flat head screw driver. Keep in mind it's only like a quarter turn before it should release and pop out. You will have to push the screwdriver a tiny bit.

i popped a bunch in my prommie too....

Then i had-wired it to a rocker switch and of course never had the problem again....

Back