• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tiny psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
does anyone make a tiny psu, like somthing thats only 100w or somthing and thats really really small?
im looking for a psu that really small that i could velcro to the side of my monitor to run my monitor cooling fans.
is there such a thing? how about a laptop power supply? lol

Last edited:
i dont think that would work.
these fans draw a bit more power than that, lol.
and would it have a molex connection on it or would i have to go buy a connector and make one myself?
heres the fans im going to be using for the monitor, 2 92mm papst fans on a single molex connector.
IMG_0425.jpg

mEKbOY said:
check ebay... you can usualy find a 200 watt psu for about $10 . That should be more than enouph.
but i want one thats really really really small that i could velcro to the underside or the back of the monitor.

You could run 5 of those Pabst fans with a 12V 1A wall wart. Yes, it does involve some supreme sacrifice like cobbling up a Molex connector instead of the coaxial power plug though. :D

73, Hoot

well ill also need it to power some mods for the monitor
like im gonna put a neon rope light thing around the front edge and maybe open it up and put a cold cathode light on the inside so the underneath glows :)

in that case do u think i could mount one of those open psus inside the monitor and just have a hole for the power cable? :confused:

or would one of those interfere with the monitor?

Back