View Full Version : Reduce Viewable Area??

05-01-08, 10:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a proggy that will reduce the viewing area of my desktop, where if I have a 1024x768 native display and set it to 800x600 it will center it with a black pane of sorts around the edge. Does that make sense?

I can find anything that does it :(

05-01-08, 10:39 AM
You are talking about a 1:1 pixel ratio :)

I'm not sure if any programs will/can do that, but some monitors do support that.

05-01-08, 10:44 AM
It is usually a setting of the video card or the monitor. In the monitor menu, check for a setting like stretch to fit, fill mode or Pixel Perfect. Same for the video card software. Some will let you change it, some wont.

05-01-08, 11:08 AM
I've done some google searches and have found several people asking the same question as well but getting no responses. I'm attempting this on a laptop with GMA950 graphics, so video options are going to be a tad limited.