• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with PC Chips m726

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PipeBom

I'm having problems in trying to install an operating system with my second rig, and I'm fairly sure that it is the mobo. It's a PC Chips m726, running a P2 300, 10Gb segate hd, i740 agp, 128Mb ram. I can get into the bios fine, can get into dos using a startup disk, but when it comes to installing an operating system it just hangs and does nothing... I leave it hanging for half an hour or so but it still hangs. Sometimes it freezes when doing a ram count at the startup screen.

Realy annoying motherborad!!:mad: :mad: I know it is a bad board to start with, but I want it to work ( as it only cost me $20 Aus )

Can anyone help??:confused:

Did you try to install from another drive?

Mine did the same (sometimes) when I tried to install from my burner or my old 8x :p CD-rom.

no, I haven't tried that. sounds like a good idea. I was using my cd-rom drive to install the opperating system and it is a 50x drive. maby it can't read off that drive as it may be too fast. I have a 32x burner (read speed). I'll give that a go. Thanks!!

Back