• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fo's unOffical BIOS release ZW for BX133-RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F0

Registered
Fo's BIOSmod ZW for BX133-RAID

Hi all, I just extracted the HPT 370 RAID BIOS from my original BIOS, and downloaded

the same version BIOS from http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370drivers_down.htm it's

v1.0.0622 and compared them they MATCH EXACTLY.
And I updated the ZW BIOS with HPT 370 RAID BIOS verson is 2.3 .
I haven't test it yet but if someone want to be first, or have 2 same Mother Boards and can return the old BIOS if it just don't work.
Q1.Why my original BIOS?
A1.Because ZW release HPT 370 RAID BIOS verson 1.0.3b1 isn't on

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370drivers_down.htm.
Q2.What is different in your ZW version?
A2.Just HPT 370 RAID BIOS verson is 2.3 (the latest).

Last edited:
Right now my pc is whitout win98, just winXP and awdflash.exe don't work in it.
I need to find my Win98SE startup disk and would try it.
I'm 99% sure it will work.
I used CBROM215.EXE to update the Mother Board BIOS with the RAID controler BIOS.
If someone want to do search for cbrom in www.google.com will find that proggie and can try it if not believe me :) mine isnt virus or somtin.
ppl post here if this thing work

Found my Win98SE startup disk :D
It work :)
I'm with ZW BIOS and HPT370 BIOS version: v2.3 , Driver version: v2.3 , ATA RAID Management Software version: v2.3

Last edited:
This is great :D

I am gonna update to this bios when I get home. I hope I dun mess up my raid array! :p

I to have patched the zw bios with cbrom here is is my thoughts

1. it works great never had problem

2. bios version 2.3 is better than 1.03

3. bios 2.0.1019 is WAY better than 2.3 on my system (p3@1300 with Quant AS and Western dig hard drives)
(why i say its better tested hard drive speeds with hd tach after every change and so far the best speeds and access times are with bios 2.0.1019 and with driver 2.0.1019 or 2.0.1203 driver 2.3 was way slower burst speeds around 69megs a sec.

PS: never run awdflash.exe From windows of any kind unless you dont like your mobo boot from a pure dos floppy win 95 boot disk will work as less stuff running equals less stuff to go wrong.

go to fae.abit.com.tw and download new bios file replace
zw bios or what ever with patched(same name) and add all files to seperate floppy after boot to dos put in bios floppy type runme and it will do rest

QSW: I have just 1hdd , hope no problems with RAID.
yeah awdflash.exe only from dos, and I have 1 floppy disk with awdflash.exe and some BIOSes if somting goes wrong.
How I flashed mine :
awdflash f-ber_zw.bin /py/sn/R
I was with zw BIOS so no other switches were needed.
Haven't test the 2.0.1019 , but the 2.3 is faster than 1.0.3b1 :D

It worked! No problems after the flash. Is combining the raid bios with the mobo's bios complicated? I sure like to update my HPT bios on another motherboard.

Back