• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pillowsack

So i found a space heater, and well. The radiator thing uses peltiers? Its like this.

Someone could explain it would help, YES i did tear it apart to see a gray square thing. If i can use this as a TEC i'd be happy.

dscn7567vn1.jpg

Heater coil.
Not a peltier, a peltier is a heat pump, and wouldn't be used in this application. A drink heater or cooler yes, this no.

If this was a pelt cooler, where did the cool go?

Actually peltiers produce more heat than they remove. So if there is only a heatsink on the hot side it would still act as a heater - If you plug one in with no heatsink on either side it would just get REALLY hot which is why people make coffee warmers out of them.

Actually peltiers produce more heat than they remove. So if there is only a heatsink on the hot side it would still act as a heater - If you plug one in with no heatsink on either side it would just get REALLY hot which is why people make coffee warmers out of them.

That's real inefficient. True pelts are not great methods with compressed gas systems out producing them by a huge margin. It's even worse if the chilled side is not provided a heat source of at least cool air.

I'm waiting for someone in the Orient to make a tiny heatpump out of heatpipes and nano technology to compress and expand the gas forming a hot side and a cool side.

Back