• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want this stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because of its fast evaporation rate, I wonder if it would be possible to make a self contained heatpipe, with an oversized rad at the top, and an air tight chamber under vacuum in which the computer is placed.

ya back in 78 use to work for trio tech in cali we used it in our bubble tester for some of the first ic chips made
very cool stuff !
back then it was 100.00 an oz. wouldnt stick to anything either ;)

Look of flourinert (sp?) It's a flourocarbon which is very similar to this stuff, and also similar in costing a few hundred per gallon. It's beautiful material, used in submersion supercomputers, I always wanted to build a submersion PC with the stuff, however, you have the issue that if you were to pour a gallon out of a third story window on a hot day, it would never reach the ground. You would constantly be refilling, and it would cost more than the computer very quickly.

Back