• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sigh... I need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman777

I hope I'm not going to get flammed for this....

I am new to this board, and I am looking for some help on overclocking my system.

I have a Asus P3v4X board, and a Pentium III 600EB cpu, 256mb ram, and a Diamond Viper TNT video card, running win 98.

I have read the articles on this site and others about what overclocking is, and the good and bad that can happen. So I understand that stuff. My problem is most of the articles say to refer to your motherboard manual for directions on overclocking. thats great, but I cant find my manual.

Can anyone give me the steps for overclocking the asus p3v4x mb, and what bios revision is best to have?

Thanks a lot for your help!

That is a very large order. Asus normally provides manuals for download on their website. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. You might also check the disk that came with the motherboard. It might have an internet version of the manual and help files on it. I am going to do some research and will get back to you on this.

www.asus.com.tw/download/manual/mb-man-slot1.htm#2. this is the link to your manual. a link to Adobe Acrobat 4.0 is at this site also.

Last edited:
ive found that the 1003 bios works for me, normally the newest one is better to get......also go int bios and change the fsb setting

Back