• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chill Zone v1.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dale407

I've been toying with this plan for a while now, and I'm looking for some input from you guys!

I've got my anti-flame vest on and ready! :)

Attachments

• Chill_Zone_v1.0.jpg
    Chill_Zone_v1.0.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 270
Going with that setup, the temperature drop would have to accumulate, and the rad would keep the temps around air temp when they enter the chiller res. If you have a large enough tec, its do-able, but you'd see better results by putting the tec directly on the CPU. A better idea would be to try some form of phase change to chill your equipment, tecs are powerhungry and have low cooling capabilities when compared to a phase system. However, even if you just drop the rad, that setup should work, provided that the tec is of a high enough wattage. I suggest checking out the xtremesystems forums and looking at the chilled liquid systems.

Well the rad is to cool the liquid coming form the cpu block and then goes into the 2nd cpu block that cools the hot side of the tec then enters the res which the tec is chilling. I'm hopping to bring the liquid below room temps. Do you have a url to that site?

After doing a bit of reading over their, it seems this might not be worth trying :( And for a while their I though i had and original idea but they keep shooting down ppl over their thinking about doing this....

Usually, the more complicated something is, the less efficient it is. Every time you change the medium, youre not getting 100% heat transfer.

When going from the air to the water, or from the pelt to the water, or the water to the cpu, theres a temp difference. I also just noticed that youre using the water in the loop to cool itself. What would then happen is youd not be removing water, and yet whatever wattage the pelt is running at would be added to the circut. All in all, you could probably add another CPU to the loop, and still be running at lower temps than you would be running at with one CPU and the pelt setup.

Back