• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which P4 Northwood Mobo??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bellylard

Registered
Hi

I think im gunna go P4 and wanna know which mobo will be good for overclocking and performance, etc..but i am only going to go with Asus or Gigabyte...some advice/info would be helpful

thanks for the reply..umm yea i am gunna get it from a local vendor..i looked at the P4T-E but it doesn't mention anything about Northwood support..hows about the P4B??? is it any good, it also supports Northwoods..and has the same overclocking features

The Asus P4T-E will support the Northwoods, it uses the i850 chipset and RDRAM. The P4B will also support the Northwoods, but it uses the i845 chipset and regular SDRAM. The P4B266 will also support the Northwoods (I think), but it uses the i845 chipset and DDR memory. Why not Abit, they make as good if not better motherboards and might be worth looking into.

The thing is i will be bringing back this GA-60XT for full value and getting the P4 mobo with the money i have from it and the extra if i need it....but the place im bringing it back to can only get me ASUS and GigaByte....ok thanks for clearing that up now i am going to get the P4T-E because i want RDRAM..

thanks

Back