• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better, 2100 or 2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It means that it is rated higher. DDR, that I have seen, comes in 1600, 2100, 2400, and 2700. In other words, it will run faster.

search for it on pricewatch or some other site you like to use. right now about the cheapest you can get it for is 69 bucks for 256mb. the only time you would really need pc2700 is if you plan to overclock your frontside bus a bunch, because the 2700 runs at 333.

Yes but you have to actually run the memory at those speeds.
You can also overclock pc 2100 so it is running at 2700.

Last edited:
Placid said:
Yes but you have to actually run the memroy at those speeds.
You can also overclock pc 2100 so it is running at 2700.
thats right i read a rewew of 2700 it was as faast as 2100 u have to check it cearfuly read from oc rewews what bord suport it i think som firms test it in speed 166 and say its 2700 btw 2700 mean 2x8x166 u get the number 333 when u do as easy as 2x166 wich is not ddr for real why the heck do they play with our minds ddr is duble data it means the proportion of data is dubled not speed damn frasky manufactures i hate em its like selling a trabant in bmw cas sayen its better and faaster the trabant !

btw 2700 is tested in speed of 166 it should be stable it can be the same as 133 rams as stable it is just marked to be stabel in speed of 166 but can it go higher from 166 or higher then usual 133 rams can be found out only if u test them ur self or seee some test in oc.com or somwhere reliable place peac to ya all!

i digg on til i find the truth

and sorry if any mistakes in typo or in engl not engl speeking person!! i Come as far as estonia

Back