• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC power & cooling worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
I was dreaming just now and wondered if all those amazing specs that PC Power & Cooling sticks into their higher end PSs mean anything to Joe OCer. If those US$215 for a 450W PS are worth it, I'd like to know how, and if the cost far exceeds the benefit, then I'd like to kill the temptation to get one for my next upgrade.

It's the best there is, but as price dictates...you pay for the best.

For me, I would go with a Sparkle as they are probably the best for the money. I've also got to recommend a partially generic PSU...the Leadman POWMAX 500W. Got mine for $72 shipped and it's been great. Dual fan and a whopping 50A on the 5V line. Combined 250W. Great deal for what you get.

My new TTGI model TT-350SS is just what I was looking for. It has 370w total, 220w combined and 5 rail of 36a, two 80mm sleeve bearing fans, on/off switch and runs quiet for under $57.00 US including shipping. Bought it from www.ramplus.com.

>AMD XP 1700+ >Epox 8KHA+ >Alpha PAL8045 >512mb Crucial PC2100 >40 gig Seagate Barracuda IV >GeForce GTS-V 32mb DDR >LiteOn CD/DVD - CDRW >SB Live Value >Win XP Home >Samsung 19" >Antec case SX635 >TTGI 370w ps >NIC 10/100

I looked at one of those TTGI PSUs and it did look very good for the money. Couldn't find one that I would trust to run the dual AMD rig I'm putting together though. For anything less than that I'd say it would be fine though.

Glad you mentioned it...I need one for my other EPoX board as its 5V is horrible.

Jon said:
I looked at one of those TTGI PSUs and it did look very good for the money. Couldn't find one that I would trust to run the dual AMD rig I'm putting together though. For anything less than that I'd say it would be fine though.

Glad you mentioned it...I need one for my other EPoX board as its 5V is horrible.

Did you try a mosfet mod?

Not worth the trouble...I'd just rather get another and put that one in a PC that's running a generic PSU.

I've got a couple PCs that could use the power supply running that EPoX board and I'm going to a computer show tomorrow so I'll probably just pick up another.

PC POWER AND COOLING POWER SUPPLIES
ARE WELL WORTH IT!

They have internal EMI filters, 1% voltage
regulation, and a whole bunch of other wierd
stuff.

I have never seen one of those things fail,
nor go out of wack.

I recommend the turbo cool line.
Then again the 450 only comes as a turbo cool.

Back