• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jetway 694AS bad overclockable??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darksand

Hello, I have an Jetway 694AS motherboard with a 633 Celly, I can't overclock this celly further than 712mhz (75 fsb), the strange thing is that this cpu ran fine @ 950mhz (@100 fsb) on a Aopen AX6b

I have the latest BIOS and i have looked at the speeds of the busses, that is 38Mhz PCI and 2x 75 AGP (Gforce 2 GTS)
I can't find any jumper or Bios setting to alter the PCI divider.

Any ideas.

Tanx in advance.

Doesn't have anyone problems overclocking a cpu on an VIA 694AS, I have tried everything to get the FSB at 100Mhz. (mem works fine at 75+33mhz fsb)
Temps are not above 35 degrees Celsius (I placed an extra fan just to be sure) at boot it is about 22 degrees, when i put fsb above 75, the pc doesn't even post, it automaticaly resets te bus back to 66 an gives a waring that the system had crashed due to overclocking. I tried to raise the voltage an extra +0.3 v but it doesn't do anything. I have put fsb at al speeds ( even 100) but nothing above 75mhz works, could it be the AGP timings (driver value)?? can't get AGP 4x support also, it stays on 2x

Thanx, please help.

Using the same RAM on both computers???
Using the same Voltage?

Or it could just be your motherboard, not all are created equal.

I have tried it with the pc100 mem that ive used on the Aopen, but I have now pc133, because I Can set mem. 33mhz higher than FSB... Voltages, not higher than 0.3 volt (via Slotket). Another thing is that my other Celleron 366 runs fine at 550 on the Aopen and not on this Jetway Via board. :(

I gave my brother my Jetway 618as motherboard and he is running a celly 700. We can get the fsb up to 90+ if we want ( becomming unstabe ). I tried the 100MHz fsb jumper setting and it worked a couple of times ( 1050MHz!!! ). Then if froze up. That was with standard voltage.
It seems to me that the board just simply can't handle it. Although, never give up!! Keep looking for the latest bios update and even software that might be able to fix it ( don't like your chances for the software ). I think that the Jetway range of motherboards are not very good for overclocking. They are a nice simple and cheaper board which would suite a nornal user. Not suited for us overclockers...

Good Luck!! :cool:

Thanks guys, I do not think I'm ever getting this board fast enough, I think I'm gonna burn it in the garden and buy me a good board, Any ideas, for a celly 633 and in the near future the tualatin, I want a verry good overclockable board ( I love Aopen) with maybe also in the future WaterCooling.

(ps anybody tried to cool water to about 5 or 6 degrees celcius before going to the cpu, any feetbeack is welkom)

thanx

Back