• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to guide somewhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Since it seems easier to make phase change or other type of coolers rather than to try and use TEC, is there a guild somewhere that can explain how one can turn a working AC unit (or water chiller) into cooler for the PC?

It requires alot of research and knowledge, and refrigeration tools, which can set you back a thousand or more dollars very quickly. If your going to build yourself one or two units and your not in the HVAC field, it will not be worth it and your better off having one made or modified for you.

It requires alot of research and knowledge, and refrigeration tools, which can set you back a thousand or more dollars very quickly. If your going to build yourself one or two units and your not in the HVAC field, it will not be worth it and your better off having one made or modified for you.

yup. Or if you just want chilled water you can mod and air con, probs one of the easiest ways to go sub zero without TECs if ur modding. Otherwise you can get setups made for you pretty easily.

yup. Or if you just want chilled water you can mod and air con, probs one of the easiest ways to go sub zero without TECs if ur modding. Otherwise you can get setups made for you pretty easily.

Sorry for the noob question but is there any guides for this? I used to WC alot and really wanna try modding a AC unit.

Sorry for the noob question but is there any guides for this? I used to WC alot and really wanna try modding a AC unit.

there arent any guides as such but if you look at mine and hank123 threads you should get an idea, also there are a few threads about it over at XS, worth a look.

There are also several guides on XS as well.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104454

Theres more there too I just linked the first and most relevant one I found.

If you are doing it as an experiment, a learning experience, or something similar I say go for it! Just be careful. If you dont know what you are doing you can blow yourself up :p

If you actually want a phase unit that is going to work well for you, I have to agree with Nol. Its best to have an experienced individual build one for you.

Back