• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this be done with PC 133??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I was wondering if you could overclock PC 133,3 256 dimms,if so how is it done.
I keep reading of all the different ways to configure PC133,DDR,well I would like to know which is the best,do I go buy DDR 2700?
Or do I work with what I got,I want this machine to run @ max performance if possible,I probably have asked this before,but I still am not sure which way to go..Thanks again:rolleyes:

When you overclock your cpu by raising the fsb from 133 in your case you are overclocking your memory as well.

If your cpu is unlocked then keeping the cpu multiplier low so your cpu will stay below a speed you know it can run at see how far you can get your fsb to go.

Remember multiplier x fsb = cpu speed.

If your cpu is locked then you will only be able to raise the fsb to as high a speed as your cpu can take.

Also...
Components in the PCI and AGP slots can hinder FSB as well...as on most mobos the higher FSB teh higher PCI and AGP clock unless they have a divider...

Back