• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i know i should know this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chamblah

Registered
but can some one explain this to me and how it pretains to general stability and overclocking? i know most of what it is but only in general terms. i'd like a bit more detailed info.

DDR PC2100 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 2.5V

thanks in advance:D

Who is the manufacturer of this memory? That will have about as much to do with it's overclockability as anything.

yeah it's crucial. but that's not the part i'm worried about. i know crucial makes good ram.

i'm just wanting things like unbuffered, non-parity, what the speed of 7.5ns is refering to, etc... explained in a bit more detail.

pc2100 means you have to be 21 or older to legally own this in the US;

CL2.5 mean crustacean test lateral- they test it for strength in a machine that looks like a crab's claw;

unbuffered means at least 65 out of 100 people will feel painful side-effects from ingesting the individual chips;

non-parity means it won't recycle well by slicing up the individual chips (paring)

-7.5ns mean it's not safe to stand within 7.5 meters of the module unless it's grounded.

2.5v means it's version 2.5 of the design.

Just Kidding!!!!

For the real answers, go to this link

and if you don't get all your answers there, go here as well.

Good luck!

Back