• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with cola machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
just aquired this classic vendo H90A cola machine:
CIMG1044.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

My uncle does heating and cooling but hes a busy guy, so before i ask him i figured id attempt to fix it myself! The problem with this machine is supposidly after about 2 hours part of cooling freezes up and gets ice on the outside of the pipe and previous owner had to use a hair dryer to defrost it. as soon as that happens ill post pictures (just turned the machine on). Also its kinda loud, is there any way to make it as queit as a regular fridge? heres what it sounds like: http://www.mediafire.com/?htmrdv0dj9y

any help would be greatly appreciated :santa2:

oh and also does anyone know what it would cost to run one of these for a whole month? (its a 110, not 220) or say a week over the course of a month`
this sucker is perfect for parties and holding about 80 bottles of beer :santa:

btw the plastic bags on the bottom or just incase it had any water leaking out as it was stored outside

*edit* looks like this is where the problem happens:
CIMG1047.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Nice find, would love to have one of those for my house. Sorry I can't help though. There was a auction a while back at the fairgrounds in town and they had an old coke cooler (about the same size as my 7.0 cubic foot chest freezer), with glass doors on the top and a coke bottle top molded into the side of it. It sold for around $400 I woulda loved to have picked that up to put some pop in.

A buddy of mine actually has a fairly new Pepsi machine in his garage, and as far as electric goes its no worse than a really large refrigerator (he keeps the lights turned off when no one is out there).

Good luck with it, will watch this thread

Your probably going to have to ask your uncle. First thing I would suggest is opening it up cleaning out the Condenser using lots of water and some mild alkline solution. Then once you have it cleansed well if it still freezes up you will probably need to have it serviced and some refrigerent added.

The noise problem is hard to tell, I cant tell if thats fan noise or compressor noise. You should check each individually and see what you can find. Also you have a piece of loose metal that you should see if you can more securely attach it.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I just downloaded the file and that thing sounds like a freaking V8 mustang ready to blow the competition away!

i know right!

im going to use it for beer, these days i pretty much just use my laptop :p
maybe absinthe bottles too idk :attn:

"just aquired this classic vendo H90A cola machine:"

Yeah, I noticed the pry bar in your first picture...;) I always wanted a Coke/beer machine.

E

d94 has shuttle system, what will he do with a phase system?

he wants to cool beer not CPUs.

Back