• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change of Heart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i2fast4u

Registered
Instead of the celerons I was going to use, I will be using the P3 1.26's with a 512 L2 cache. I decided to give up the celeron idea when I forund them to be locked, and I could get P3's for only a few dollars more. Well, this thing should be interesting with a P3C-D with dual 1.26's I cant wait to get the FSB cranking and get some real numbers out of these. I will be using Powerleap's PL-iP3/T adapters and the FC-PGA2 chips(by the way they got celerons to run dual for those who doubted me before). I can hardly wait they should fly using a gig of RAMBUS and a Oxygen GVX-1 video card. A SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum ex sound card. Dual power supplies, 11bay tower. and a wicked cooling system(undisclosed at this time). I'll post pics when its all maxed and runing stable.:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :cool:

Wana share the info you found on dual 1.2GHz celerons
a link.. anything

I am awaiting Powerleap's response, I have requested a price on just the PL-iP3/T's, (they are not listed in thier normal lineup without a processor). As soon as it's all up and running, I'll let everybody know. I will be running them as hard as I can, so I had to come up with a killer cooling system. (Expensive). I should have everything up and running within the next month, because I must still locate a few items, it sucks trying to build from nothing, wires, and other stuff. :burn:

if you look at powerleap, they say the PL-iP3/T will only run the stock FSB setting. Not that I dont think I can mass any with it, but the big L2 cache is a big turn-on for me. I like to be able to run stuff really hard and I cannot afford any errors when its all said and done, I do like the celeron, but I'm not sure if it would keep up with the P3's.

what about that dual Celeron 1.2 you were talking about.
Dont leave me hanging.... plz, anything, i beg you :)

I'm probibly going to try both setups before long, it may be some time, I have been so busy with work and college. I promise I will post everything I can find as soon as I get the time to mess with them. For now, I am only using my laptop, I havent even had the chance to assemble my new computer. I'll keep you all informed on what happens.

Man, I hate doing this. My project just got set back, My car died troday and it's gunna take some of my CPU money to fix. not that theres much to start with. Going to college and only working part time, its not easy to save, but I will do my best. I'm gunna run my 500 celeron for now (Yuck). I dont know how long it may be, mabe a month or two, three at most. If my job didn't have the benefits, I'd be out of there in a blink of the eye. Again, sorry to dissapoint you all.

Back