• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC problem. Some help would be great! :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcalvelloxx

Registered
Guys,

I purchased my Overclocked system from a guy a few months ago.

Intel Core 2 Duo 4300
Gigabyte P35-DS3R rev. 1
2 GB Mushkin Enhanced PC2-6400

The system, until it started rebooting itself two days ago, was overclocked to 3.0GHZ and it was stable.

I checked the MIT section of the bios and yes, the settings were obviously changed. Since the machine was rebooting itself I went ahead a loaded the default bios settings. Now the system is running at 1.8GHZ.

A while back I took pics of the MIT section of the bios. Well, turns out this girl has my camera and she is in CA for the summer :(
Stupid me for not downloading the pictures to my hdd.

I changed some of the settings in the MIT section a few hours ago and the machine booted normally but after 1-2 hours, it rebooted itself.

These are the setting that I remember from the pics I took (when the system was overclocked to 3.0ghz):

Clock Ratio: 9x
I'm pretty sure that the "System memory multiplier" was 2.00, which changed the memory frequency to 667mhz.

PCI Express Frequency (mhz): 100

CAS Latency Time: 3
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3
DRAM RAS# Precharge: 3
Precharge delay (tRAS): 10

CPU Voltage Control: 1.3875

I can't remember:

DDR2 OverVoltage Control
FSB OverVoltage Control

or any other voltage in the "voltage section."

Guys, it would be great to OC the system back to 3.0ghz. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT: I was checking my old emails and found the CPUZ screenshot from when the system was running at 3.0ghz. Apparently, I email the screenshot to myself :)

cpuzrz8.jpg

I would gather since you bought this item second hand, the original owner was also having these problems.

Start by stress testing your pc at stock levels to see if it passes this test. Leave it running stock for a while to see if it reboots. If everything is stable, you can the go for an overclock. I use to have an E2160 that i got too 3ghz no problem with 1.35v. I would suggest following one of the many guides online to overclock your cpu step by step and then revert to memory. You have high performance memory that may just be causing the problem, at least lower your timings and voltage to default and then see how far you can clock the cpu.You should test each overclock with ohtros or occt (google it). Unfortunatley, with overclocking its all Trial An Error(looks up and remember math lesson in school).

SO basically, make sure your system is stable at stock THEN OC. When ocing, do CPU and memory seperatley so you can find each limit.

Back