• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having problems with Asus P5LD2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigBlock

Registered
I have an Asus P5LD2 Rev. 2.0 that has been running a Pentium 4 640 under Windows XP Pro trouble free for 2 years. I wanted to upgrade the processor to a Pentium D 945 and run under a 64 bit Linux OS. We flashed the bios to the latest and greatest for this board. When I changed to the 945 processor I get nothing. This thing wouldn't even post. I don't even get any beeps. The only thing that happens is the fans come on. When I go back to the 640 the machine takes right off, no problem.

Anybody have any ideas?

BigBlockk

Later.....

sounds like the cpu isnt support in that bios or just not supported at all. either that your that dual core is bad. also did you reset the cmos after sticking the new cpu in?

It turns out that all of the cpu's I bought were bad. The guy I got them from had all of them in that batch returned to him. He is giving me a refund.

BigBlockk

Later.....

Back