• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Random Lock Ups on P5W DH Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I had my computer dismantled for about 4 months and I decided to put it back together, I sold off my e6600 so as of now I'm using an Intel Celeron 341 paired with OCZ OCZ2P8002GK Platinum XTC ram. My processor is water cooled and Idles around 32C. I also use BFG 7900GTX video card that idles around 41C. I had the processor overclocked to 3.8GHZ and was prime stable after a 24 hour blend test, however, when I play starcraft (I know, really old waiting for sc2) it will lock up after playing for 10 minutes. It freezes and the last sound just repeats itself until I turn it off. I've also seen on occasion that when I'm not using the computer for awhile and come back its frozen, but I have it set for the monitor to shut off and never the hard drives.

So my first thought was that it really wasn't stable so I set the clock back to normal I even loosened the timings to 5-5-5-15, and it would still freeze. I bumped up the voltage on the memory to 2.2V and the VCORE to 1.4 still with no luck. I've tried setting the memory at every speed possible still to no avail. I really think it's bad memory, I heard this memory has a hard time pairing up with this board but it worked with my e6600. Under my bios I have turned off hyper path 3 and disabled everything under the cpu configuration like thermal control.

I have the latest bios 2704 and I have reset the CMOS and taken out the battery and power to the motherboard for long periods of time.

Any suggestions to get this fixed will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Well I mean my old bios was like 1401? so it has been awhile since I updated the bios so I just went with the newest. I might try flashing to the 2004 bios reset the CMOS and remove the battery once again. It's just such a pain since the graphics card blocks the battery.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Any other suggestions in the mean time would be appreciated immensely.

Mike

Well it's not the ram I now have 2x1 of crucial ballistix and it still freezes, could it be possible I damaged the processor by setting the vcore to high? I mean now I run it below the 1.4v which is it's maximum rating.

Back