• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want an Asus p5k board, help me choose which?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pauld5999

hi, going to assemble a new system soon and need help deciding on a board. I know I want to do a Asus p5K (I having building my systems with Gigabyte lately and looking to change it up...) but not sure which model is right for me. This system will be used primarily for folding, downloading torrents and a little encoding, so I know I am not looking at the deluxes. I will be OCing this system. Most likely I will put a Q6600 in the build but I want to have the option of going 45nm though, do all/most of p5K support (or have current BIOs) for 45nm? Any know issues or bugs with any of the p5k's with a Q6600 or Q9450? thanks for any input!

I am really liking my P5KC...P35 chipset...nice OCing options...but the main selling point for me was...it also supports DDR3...so now when I do go to DDR3...dont have to upgrade the MB just for memory...

Also with the latest BIOS flash...it will support the newest 45n Intel CPU's...

At this point in time, I'd be looking at either the P5Q-E or P5Q. Maybe the P5Q deluxe if you have the money. There isn't really much of a reason to go with P35 now that P45 is out.

I know that didn't answer your question, but I loved my P5K Deluxe so I would say that one. I know it's the most expensive, but you get the 8 phase power regulation instead of the 4 on the lower boards. I think the P5K-E has it as well. Anyway, hope that helps.

-Collin-

^^

i agree.. i love my p5k-d, itll do 475x8 with my quad, or 535x7 with my old 6300. but with p45 comeing out.. id look in that direction as well :)

Back