• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudajama

inside fridge) into water reservoir, then the water is used for a traditional liquid cooling.

Now if the stock condenser is two weak for my 125W Phenom 9850BE, which it probably is. I suppose an automotive one would be sufficiant, (aka junkyard fun). And if I'm breaking into the system, to do this, I would replace the evap with a copper radiator from a liquid cooling system (if it could stand the pressures, if not just a coil of copper tubing, then placed into the reservoir.

I would have to insulate the cooling lines, maybe double walled, the outer being much larger and using an air pump from a fish tank to drive out condensation to a catch pan.

Would an appliance repair shop even accept this thing to recharge.

using the fridge as a res? if its a powerfull enough fridge then maybe.

I wouldnt go changing out parts unless you have the tools which cost quite a bit.

its not the condenser you want to worry about, its the compressor which gives the cooling power and then how well you cool the condenser, would be easier to put more powerfull fans on the condenser than to replace it.

Edit: :welcome:

Back