• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Precision 410 440BX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

airborne_78

Registered
Trying to overclock my board
I found out more about the system clock chip
all of the ics chips are in this format
ICS XXXX F - PPP
XXXX = Device Type (consists of 3 or 4 digit numbers)
F = Package Type (F=SSOP)
PPP = Pattern Number (2 or 3 digit number for parts with ROM code patterns)
My chip is
ICS 9179BF - 01
the chip diagram is available @
http://www.icst.com/pdf/9179b-01.pdf
I found that my version of soft FSB may be too old so that could be why it doesn't support my chip my soft FSB version is 1.0.7.6
does anyone have or know where I can get a newer version?

2x P3 500Mhz Secc2 Katami 512 L2 cache 100 FSB
2x Kingston 256MB / 1 Toshiba 256MB (768MB)
GeForce 2 64 MB GTS Pro
Fujitsu 40 GB hd
Lite on 24x10x40
Compaq Dual 10/100 NIC

I got my copy at bootdisk.com, good luck!

edit--i see you have this posted a second time.....just go back
to your origional post, and click on reply....it's easy to keep
track of this way.

Last edited:
thanks for the help, I got a slightly newer version however it still doesn't support my system clock

O/c Dell precision 410

unless someone knows how to reprogram Soft FSB to include that system clock type, they probably did it originally using the specs that the ICS site provides

I just had a bad experience tonight with a cache latency prog,
every time I would boot up it would auto shut down. It took a while but eventually I took my HD out and booted it as a slave to another computer and deleted the program.

Take a dremel to the case?!:eek:

Or good form factor....I got a new case...5 5 1/2 bays, 2 floppy bays, with 2 more places for HDs, my MOBO was still too big, and th power supply didn't fit...Its not even an ATX power supply its an NPS?? it has 24 pin connectors as opposed to the normal 20 pin ATX and power switch I used the original, its like a separate board....I mounted it on an empty bay cover an ran the wires inside. I had to take the dremel to the case just to get the mobo to fit in too...Its fine now, I had it running with no case for about a year before that

ICS Clock mod possibility??

Does anyone have any experience with system clock modifying, or maybe adding a device to supercede the clock generator?
I have seen some devices out there, but have no experience with them.

OR SOFT FSB modification

Does anyone have any experience with modifying the soft FSB program to incorporate their system clock. It would probably be a matter of finding where the chip address is and using the chip datasheets I provided in the link above.

Back