• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI X48 DK Review and OC settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gilgamesh1

Registered
I think DFI may have pulled of a good budget x48 board here. Judging by how far it overclocks.

Anyway have a look yourself!

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/user-reviews/4596-dfi-lanparty-dk-x48-t2rs-living-review.html

Synopsis:
4-46gigsstable.jpg

Since the first initial tests with this board, I cannot help but be impressed! True it’s only a four-phase analogue design and that the cooling array needs a little work. However the board does over clock very well, taking a 8500Wolfdale CPU right to the edge.

Hard disk (single disk mode) and CPU performance is on a par with a great many of the more expensive boards out there. As for over clocking, even with a seasoned over clocker such as I, the BIOS can be a little daunting. However within moments I was over clocking this board as I would any other. Additionally I remain very impressed on the care that has gone into writing the BIOS for this board. DFI BIOS are stable and over clock well from the very first edition, a lesson that some other board manufacturers can learn from!

The colour scheme is fantastic on this board, with nice UV Orange/black effect. As you can see the board under a UV light is quite striking.

A minor gripe is that though there are six USB ports, I feel there could have been a bracket included which included two more and a onboard firewire connection.

In this review I have not had the time to measure Vdroop, however that will be completed shortly in the afterword section. It is of a concern as previously mentioned this is only a four-phase design.

Finally the only issue I have with this board is due to the cooling array, more attention needs to be paid to this, specifically to add a copper base on the Northbridge and PWM blocks. Clips to mount a 40mm fan would also have been useful.

gilgamesh

Back