• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q -- P5Q Pro -- P5Q Deluxe Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
I think quite a few people are going for the new Asus P45 series boards so lets all post some of your experiences and questions here.

*Edit: Just bought a big pile of new toys so I'm going to hold off on this until I have time to actually play with it ;)

:beer:

Last edited:
EDIT: Some pics for Brolloks before I get to work:

EDIT: All set up and ready to go. One thing I'm really happy about is that I can fit the TRUE in this particular orientation. With my last mobo, the GA-EX38-DQ6, I couldn't fit it into my case this way because the TRUE hung about half an inch past the edge of the board.

EDIT: 550 FSB with just a Vcore bump, about to dig in and add some NB voltage and check out the other settings.
59769275ny7.jpg

EDIT: Broke 600:

75159189zh0.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see who can top this, borrowed from XS

Attachments

• 7859-AsusP5Q625MHzFSB.jpg
    7859-AsusP5Q625MHzFSB.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 14,397
I am looking for a mobo to pair with my e7200, 8800GT and g.skill ddr100 4gb. I am going to step up to a gtx200 series card later so I wanted the pci-e 2.0 but I dont need sli. I am looking at willcalling the Asus P5Q from mwave and picking it up tomorrow morning, anyone have any input? Think I would be happy with this board for a gaming rig? I dont really need fancy features like extra SATA ports I only use two honestly and I am going to OC but not all crazy.

I am looking for a mobo to pair with my e7200, 8800GT and g.skill ddr100 4gb. I am going to step up to a gtx200 series card later so I wanted the pci-e 2.0 but I dont need sli. I am looking at willcalling the Asus P5Q from mwave and picking it up tomorrow morning, anyone have any input? Think I would be happy with this board for a gaming rig? I dont really need fancy features like extra SATA ports I only use two honestly and I am going to OC but not all crazy.

I have never heard of ddr100 ram:santa:

I have a P5Q3 on it's way and created a thread yesterday to do a review/comparison with a couple of CPU's and a few different Mobos.
It will be quite extensive, and hopefully some of you can take a little
info from it if you guys are on the fence:beer:

I mean the 625mhz bus screenie post up above :beer:
I've read that whole thread over on the "other board":beer:

EDIT: Ok, I feel really weird since the post I was responding to is suddenly gone.....

I mean the 625mhz bus screenie post up above :beer:
I've read that whole thread over on the "other board":beer:

EDIT: Ok, I feel really weird since the post I was responding to is suddenly gone.....

I deleted it before your reply once I realized my mistake, didn't want to give anyone else the wrong info. It's about 2 am and I'm a little crabby about not being able to OC this board right. :p

I deleted it before your reply once I realized my mistake, didn't want to give anyone else the wrong info. It's about 2 am and I'm a little crabby about not being able to OC this board right. :p

LOL Ok, so I am not losing my mind, at least I don't think I am, right at this moment....:bday:

What sort of troubles are you having?

With my GA-EX38-DQ6, I was able to do 4 GHz (450x9) at 1.36 BIOS vcore, 1.34 Prime loaded after vdroop. With this board, which has pretty much no vdroop, I still haven't managed to get it stable at 450x9. I'm up to 1.368 right now.

EDIT: Hrm, even 1.368 failed Prime just now after 17 min. :bang head

Last edited:
anyone running crucial ballistix on this board? i know asus' boards seem to be very memory crabby lately. =[

I have never heard of ddr100 ram:santa:

I have a P5Q3 on it's way and created a thread yesterday to do a review/comparison with a couple of CPU's and a few different Mobos.
It will be quite extensive, and hopefully some of you can take a little
info from it if you guys are on the fence:beer:

Yeah dude DDR100 is the best it has no FSB but its like 0 latency settings wooooot.

Yeah anyway I put a new SATA hard drive and the Asus P5Q in my shopping cart and clicked "ship" and noticed oops my checking account is $5 short. Maybe I should hold off and buy it when I have money for gas too. :p I have the e7200, ram and 8800gt sitting on my desk without a desk though. :(

With my GA-EX38-DQ6, I was able to do 4 GHz (450x9) at 3.6 BIOS vcore, 3.4 Prime loaded after vdroop. With this board, which has pretty much no vdroop, I still haven't managed to get it stable at 450x9. I'm up to 1.368 right now.

EDIT: Hrm, even 1.368 failed Prime just now after 17 min. :bang head

I have noticed that sometimes dropping the multiplier to 8.5 on these e8400's will allow for a voltage decrease (albeit small). Try 8.5x471 to get you 4ghz. Keep your voltage at 1.368 and try, just for kicks. Leave NB voltage at auto though.

Thanks for the tip, I'd dropped to 8x500 previously and that was unstable too, but I'd forgotten about the .5. Prime testing right now, maybe 8.5x471 will be the magic number. :)

Back