• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Junk yard finds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxspam

I am new to phase change and was at the junkyard today and saw this:
IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
IMG_2248.jpg
IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2251.jpg
would this work as a chiller or phase change unit?

[edit] sorry the images are so big i have no idea why the first image is twice the size of the rest

Okay seems you grabbed a small condensing unit.
Sure could be made to a phase change system however the compressors not the best for this. Condensers overly large, and the receiver would have to be removed unless you used an expansionary valve that needed one.
Basically, ebay it.

so i basically need to replace everything mirite?

also i think that rad is alittle small and how would this system do for a water chiller setup

can i use those little valves on the side to attach the cold rad? if so what kind of rad should i keep an eye out for? :confused:

Considering your calling it a radiator, no offense really, I don't think you have the knowledge to work on these kinds of systems.

Well I don't know much about the systems themselves but i do have a very good understanding of materials and how to work with them. The reason I posted this thread was to gain more knowledge about how to put something like this together and if I should buy said system at the yard. Clearly you have a better understanding than I about coolant systems so why don't you share instead of beating me down because i said radiator rather than evaporator.

Everybody has to start someplace NoL :beer:

Being from a junk yard, I'd give it a careful examination. It may have been there for a reason.

Its not so much a junk yard as it is a surplus yard. Industrial company's when thet go out of business they can sell all the equipment to the yard for cheap. Then they test it if they can and then sell it at a higher price, but yes i will most definitely have them test it first. if they can.

wow bro you must have alot of time on your hands haha first the huge rad and pump and now this! good luck with it bro if you do get it to work let us know iv always wanted to do something like this!

I didn't mean it at that way at all!
I teach people almost on a daily basis, however I do recommend reading the guides first, after knowing a few people who have tried to jump ahead and just "go with it" there has been major problems. Someone got r22 in the face, others have had almost as bad. It's not something to play around with, people intern or apprentance for years to get to the level of building and tuning systems. And even then its just tuning normally, building and designing brings in a hole nother level.

yeah they have all kinds of crap its like 3 acres big. every time I go there I notice something new.

Back