• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the Asus P5N32-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zizzy

Guidelines on overclocking your Asus P5N32-E.

All the following settings I'm going to give through is safe enough to run on an default cooler. It won't give any blue screens or crash. I have tested these settings on 3 different Asus P5N32-E boards. If it does, I take no responsibility.

Uploaded images and all examples refer to my clocked E6850. Clocked to 3.3GHz, very easy and stable overclock. Recommended to new clockers.

AI Tuning: Manual
Overclock Options: Disabled
N.O.S. Option: Disabled

Start point.

Lets start wit the RAM settings. This board is great with taking 1T timings (4-4-4-8, 1T 800MHz, would run better than 5-5-5-15, 2T 1033MHz). For safe timings, use the following, you can change them a bit if you want to.

Located @ Extreme Tweaker>Overclocking>Memory Timing Settings

tCL (CAS Latency): 4
tRCD: 4
tRP: 4
tRAS: 12
Command Per Clock (CMD): 2 clock (2T)

Advance Memory Settings
tRRD: AUTO
tRC: AUTO
tWR: AUTO
tWTR: AUTO
tREF: AUTO
Async Latency: AUTO

You can try:
tCL (CAS Latency): 4
tRCD: 4
tRP: 4
tRAS: 8
Command Per Clock (CMD): 1 clock (1T)

Note 1: Just something to note with this board its a bit unwilling to run at 1t memory timings if you have all 4 banks filled up.
Note 2:http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5673563&postcount=2 4-4-4-8 (1T) 800MHz vs 4-4-4-12 (2T) 840Mhz

The 1T timings makes a good difference on SuperPI. Like my 3.4Ghz clock, 4-4-4-8 (1T) 800MHz ran 15.063 on SuperPI, and my 3.425GHz, 4-4-4-12 (2T) 830Mhz ran 15.375 on SuperPI.

Set your system clocks to:
PCIEX16_1 Frequency (Mhz): 100
PCIEX16_2 Frequency (Mhz): 100
PCIEX16_3 Frequency (Mhz): 100
SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, Mhz: 200

Ok next up we can talk about the FSB and the multiplier. On this board, you want to keep the multiplier at x9 (for some reason, on one of the boards, the mutiplier didn't want to change anyway). You obviously then want to take your FSB up bit by bit for a good stable OC. You can't manually change the Bus speed (the speed that gets multiplied with 9 to give you your actual Core speed) on this board. You have to set the Rated FSB.
Rated FSB:Bus Speed, 4:1.
Core Speed:Bus Speed, 9:1.
[So if you want 3150Mhz, you devide 3150 by 9, giving 350(Bus Speed), then you multiply it (350) by 4 to get 1400(Rated FSB). This is what you would enter in the BIOS.]

Located @ Extreme Tweaker>FSB & Memory Config
FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked
x FSB - Memory Ratio: AUTO
FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1467 (367 Bus Speed)
Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1466.7'
MEM (DDR), Mhz: 840 (means 420mhz speeds)
Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz: 837.8

You can set it to linked and set the ratio that it should be worked out on. But there is very few to select. The motherboard works with ratios, thats why the DDR MHz that you enter, aren't always the same as the Actualy DDR. It searches for a ratio closest to you entered MHz.

Next is the disabling step. Just do the folowing (Image):
Disable all Spread Sectrums

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal: Disabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled
LDT Frequency: 5x

Next is to enter the voltage settings.

Located @ Extreme Tweaker>Over Voltage
Vcore Voltage: 1.45v (you can start at 3.75v and work up, but this is safe)
Memory Voltage: 2.1v
1.2v HT Voltage: 1.3v
NB Core Voltage: 1.4v
SB Core Voltage: 1.55v
CPU VTT Voltage: 1.55v
DDRII Controller Ref Voltage: AUTO
DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage: AUTO
DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage: AUTO

If your Memory Voltage is higher than 2.1 on auto, you can leave it on auto, but the bord seems to run lots of RAM under that voltage. The CPU VTT Voltage is set to it's max. This seems to be the most important voltage setting for overclocking, and almost no one knows what it is for. It doesn't affect you temperature at all, so thats why you can easily set it to it's highest.

With that voltage settings, my CPU is still running at a decent temp (stock cooling).

Just an example of an over clock, real stable, real easy. (BIOS images uploaded goes with this OC).

attachment.php

Last edited:
Note 2

Note 2: 4-4-4-8 (1T) 800MHz vs 4-4-4-12 (2T) 840Mhz

The 1T timings makes a good difference on SuperPI. Like my 3.4Ghz clock, 4-4-4-8 (1T) 800MHz ran 15.063 on SuperPI, and my 3.425GHz, 4-4-4-12 (2T) 830Mhz ran 15.375 on SuperPI.

4-4-4-8 (1T) 800MHz

SuperPI score

attachment.php

attachment.php

4-4-4-12 (2T) 840Mhz

SuperPI score

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back