• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Intel DG35EC Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

will33184

Hello,

I am planning on picking up a E8400 / DG35EC combo today for 270$

I was wondering if this is a good choice for overclocking.

I know the P35 chipset is the best but if this DG35EC motherboard can do the trick im gravy with it.

I am not looking to break any records, just be able to have alll necessary overclocking abilities in the motherboard at a good price

Thanks

I don't think any Intel boards other then the badaxe let you overclock.
So if you were going to get a combo at Fry’s, I would suggest that you get the ECS & E8400 combo for $190 and use the $80 toward a better motherboard.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Short answer.. nope. That combo is just your basic setup. it's a "set and forget" type of deal.

Mobo brands to consider:
Abit
Asus
Gigabyte

Also get a good aftermarket cpu cooler if you plan on overclocking. Another thing to remember is the psu. Don't get one of those " it came with the case" crap. You'll want a good quality made unit if you value your pc components.

Psu brands to consider:
OCZ
Corsair
Antec
Silverstone

Don't expect to oc with generic ram either. You want something along the lines of DDR2-800

Ram brands to consider:
Gskill
Crucial
OCZ

I'm sure other guyz here will chime in as well.

Back