• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for Q9300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petergiblin

My current setup is:

Windows XP
Q9300
8800GTS
P5N-E SLI
2GB CORSAIR BALLISTIX 8500+

I updated from an E6420 on the advice of a friend, it said on the website that the bios updates for the P5N-E SLI meant it could handle the new quadcores, but not the 45nm Yorkfield it would seem.

I'm selling some old parts for £150 and I don't mind spending a bit more on top of that, and I would like to get a motherboard that supports my new CPU out of the box because to install a new motherboard and find out that the bios updates aren't out etc would take too long.

The machine is primarily for gaming, and I would like something overclockable for down the line. Any help would be really appreciated

My current setup is:

Windows XP
Q9300
8800GTS
P5N-E SLI
2GB CORSAIR BALLISTIX 8500+

I updated from an E6420 on the advice of a friend, it said on the website that the bios updates for the P5N-E SLI meant it could handle the new quadcores, but not the 45nm Yorkfield it would seem.

I'm selling some old parts for £150 and I don't mind spending a bit more on top of that, and I would like to get a motherboard that supports my new CPU out of the box because to install a new motherboard and find out that the bios updates aren't out etc would take too long.

The machine is primarily for gaming, and I would like something overclockable for down the line. Any help would be really appreciated

Mine :beer:

P43 or P45 would be a better choice for a motherboard IMO. the ASUS P5Q or P5Q-Pro are solid choices.

Back