• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help windows won't boot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someone1029

I just had a quick tinker with the ram settings on my 780i (ram is ocz reaper pc2-6400). Nothing too extreme, just an oc to 900mhz and tightening the timings a bit. windows would boot at these settings but when I changed one of the latencies windows would blue screen on boot. I changed the ram back to spec and it still happens. I can't even boot the vista recovery dvd so I can restore my instal to an earlier date (same thing happens). There is currently no oc on the cpu.

Clear the cmos by removing the battery from the mobo. Unplug the psu from wall too. Give it about 5-10 minutes, then put the battery back in and plug the psu back. This should reset evrything back to defaults.

Thanks for the promp reply. I didn't even remember to do that lol. I did reset the cmos to default values from within the bios and it seemed to reset alright. Its 12:15am over here so I will do that tomorow (I mean this morning)

Yes we do overlook the obvious sometimes. I have reset the cmos and windows still blue screens. It happens when the 'microsoft corporation' and loading bar appear. Still can't boot the recovery disk.

Back