• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo for T7200 for under 100 bux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Just as the title says, I'm looking for a motherboard that can overclock a T7200 well, and I need it pretty cheap. I don't mind getting an open box from newegg.
Thanks

well if he meant E7200 then look at the Gigabyte EP43-DS3l, its only $99 at the egg. for the T7200 there are non anymore... there are no new board from asus for mobile cpus.

well if he meant E7200 then look at the Gigabyte EP43-DS3l, its only $99 at the egg. for the T7200 there are non anymore... there are no new board from asus for mobile cpus.

Yea, the E7200:bang head (long day) . One of the big problems I'm seeing though, is that I don't have any 775 processors sitting around, should the Gigabyte natively run the 45nm wolfdale?

also, would it be worth it to step up the the p45 msi for 20 bux more (I can go up to $130)

and what about any of the nvidia chipsets? 650i?

How bout this open box BOOM!

Last edited:
P4x will support nativly. step up from what? you planning on selling or ebaying the T7200?

the only other board i can see suggesting for P45 is the Asus P5Q or P5Q-pro,$139 and $149.

i just double checked i cant find any Socket M boards for under $100. mobile parts are costly, i was lucky to get the N4L-VM for $99 open box at newegg. then i had to buy the cpu hs from asus...

P4x will support nativly. step up from what? you planning on selling or ebaying the T7200?

the only other board i can see suggesting for P45 is the Asus P5Q or P5Q-pro,$139 and $149.

i just double checked i cant find any Socket M boards for under $100. mobile parts are costly, i was lucky to get the N4L-VM for $99 open box at newegg. then i had to buy the cpu hs from asus...

Yea sorry, I ment the wolfdale. I never had a T7200. I'm selling my phenom and going to the dark side and the E7200 looked like a good, chep overclocker.

Best go with a p35 board, Both the gigabyte and abit will serve you well. P35 kicks the 650i in terms of performance and value.It overclocks simular to a m/b worth 200+ dollars, so for a bargain system, p35 is the way to go. Personally i would go with the gigabyte as i had a very bad time with a previosu abit board (not the ip35).

well i would be suggesting P35 but given the P43-DS3L is 99 from gigabyte, only $10 more then the P353-DS3L. P45 will run cooler then P35 as P45 is on a smaller process then P35.

still up to the OP but i would highly suggest the EP43-DS3L for a budget board to replace the EP35-DS3L board.

correct, right now the E7200 is at at good price for a 45nm duallies. P45 is just icing on the cake imo with the new stuff. rough price cpu $134 and board $99... then some ddr2-800 at cas4 or some ddr2-1000 cas5, $50-60 or 4gigs for about $80ish.

hmm wow the P5Q droped another $10. IMO i would go with Asus on this one, MSI im fuzzy on, the DFI is well P35 not P45.

NP :thup:

Am I going to see that much of a difference by choosing a relatively cheap ASUS p45 over a high end DFI P35. The DFI is open box, but that if fine with me.

no you wont and P45 will not have FSB walls with cpus like P35 does. that according to intel have yet to see some 45nm quad clocking. with the E7200 though go with which ever is cheapest, if planning for a quad take the asus for the higher pwm phase.

So, Is it worth it to get the ultra premium board over the less expensive board if they have the same chipset?
One of the biggest reason's why I want to keep this cheap is for when nielhelm (Buchered it) comes out or if the AMD 45nm's are any good.

This DFI looks pretty hardcore, and at a good price, does anyone know if it is a good overclocker for my dual.

I slept on it and decided that I'm going to get the P5Q. now the question remains, do I spend the extra 20 bux and get a pro, or is there much of a difference.:confused:

Back