• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X38 Sleep/Hibernate Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdamda

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows the solution to this problem:

Whenever I overclock my CPU from stock settings, hibernate or sleep will cause the system to do an endless power cycle upon wake. I've tried changing settings from within windows and I've done a [little] tampering inside the BIOS power management tab but to no avail.

Apparently, this problem isn't limited only to gigabyte x38 boards but to gigabyte boards I think:

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/279652.aspx

Anyone? Input greatly appreciated.

I have the ex38 and dont exhibit this problem,in the past ive found that sleep/hibernate problems end up related to usb devices or pci devices. Try disconnecting all additional pci cards and usb devices and overclock to see if you experience the same issue.

It may also be the case that your power supply is at fault. Ive never heared of HEC before, what are the specs of its rails?

Weird thing is, at 267FSB this thing starts the infinite power cycle from wake.

I've tweaked the BIOS to the full but with the FSB untouched or left at 266 sleep and hibernate work fine.

:/

I've solved the issue by turning off loadline calibration.

Looks like it will sleep/wake properly now, except I need a bit more voltage to run this stable. (1.225 volts vs 1.2 volts)

Not sure which setting want to keep though :/

Back