• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new QX9650 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RichJacot

Hello,

I've seen many posts relating to this but none that quite fit what I'm looking for.

I'm in the market for a new QX9650 motherboard. Let me begin with what I currently have that I will or would like to populate a new MB with.

BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
I can or will order new RAM, but I'd like to be able to reuse this if I can (at least to get things going).
3ware 9690SA-8I PCI-Express x8 SAS Controller Card RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50

My current cooling is:
D-TEK FuZion CPU Block
Danger Den MPC ASUS A8N Chipset Block
Tygon 3603 1/2" ID Clear Tubing
Radiator Black Ice GTX360
Swiftech MCP655-B

My case is a Lian Li PC-G70 Aluminum Super Tower so it will fit about any size board.

As you see above I need 1 - 16x and 1 - 8x slot for video and raid card. I would like to start playing with overclocking as I never had much luck with my older rig. (E6750 on a ASUS P5N-E SLI) My budget is around $200-$250'ish. Can anyone recommend some good options for me?

Thank you.

PS: This will be used for Video encoding and gaming. It will also be running Linux.

Last edited:
I'll look this board over and do some searches on compatibility with Linux.

Thank You!

Back