• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking issue with EP35 DS3L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinksheep

(SOLVED)Overclocking issue with EP35 DS3L

1st problem: I recently put together a build using the E8400 processor and Gigabyte's EP35 DS3L/rev-F4 with G-Skill 1000 2x2GB.
However, I hit a wall when trying to overclock it. Note: this is my first time overclocking.
It just wont let me push it past 372x9 or 3.35GHZ without Prime95 crashing. C1E is not enabled. and I'm running the ram at 933 with these timings 5-5-5-15

An interesting note: I installed DES, but after realizing what it was I quickly uninstalled it. Could this be whats stopping me from pushing the CPU any further?
From what I've read this CPU should be more than capable of reaching 3.6 with ease. So if anyone has any advice it'd be much appreciated. Also, the Vcore voltage is at 1.25

2nd problem: Are there programs like Gigabytes Easytune or CPU-Z and Prime95 for Linux?

Thanks ^_^

Last edited:
Not all CPUs OC the same, some e8400s can hit 4GHz at 1.2ish Vcore while others require a high 1.3x. Your Vcore is still set pretty low so I would start bumping it up to hit your goal clock. What cooling are you using?

Oh I see, I didn't realize that. Thank you, I'll try that right now.
I'm using the Zalman 9700 with the Antec 900 case.

An interesting note: I installed DES, but after realizing what it was I quickly uninstalled it. Could this be whats stopping me from pushing the CPU any further?
Thanks ^_^

I read from GIGABYTE that you cant use DES with overcloing it causes falure :bang head

I read from GIGABYTE that you cant use DES with overcloing it causes falure :bang head
Yeah that's what I heard as well, but only after I had installed it :/
Even though I uninstalled it could it still be in effect?

Yeah that's what I heard as well, but only after I had installed it :/
Even though I uninstalled it could it still be in effect?

I don't know did you turn it off before you uninstalled

Also on my E8400 i did have to go to 1.3 v core for 3.8Ghz and 4Ghz i had to go to 1.39 v core:burn:

Last edited:
I don't know did you turn it off before you uninstalled

Also on my E8400 i did have to go to 1.3 v core for 3.8Ghz and 4Ghz i had to go to 1.39 v core:burn:
Unfortunately yes, O_O
That's comforting ^_^
Interesting at 1.3 vcore It runs at 3.6 just fine :)
I've got class soon here, but I'll see what I have to do to get to 4GHZ
1.39vcore? I'm assuming your not keeping it there?

Thanks again guys!

Unfortunately yes, O_O
That's comforting ^_^
Interesting at 1.3 vcore It runs at 3.6 just fine :)
I've got class soon here, but I'll see what I have to do to get to 4GHZ
1.39vcore? I'm assuming your not keeping it there?

Thanks again guys!
My board is GA-P35-DS3L
Yes i'm at 2.8 v core 1.30:beer:

My board is GA-P35-DS3L
Yes i'm at 2.8 v core 1.30:beer:
Whoa crazy. I just got home about an hour ago, but yeah I had to go to 1.39vcore as well to keep it at 4.0GHZ. I think for now I'll keep it at 3.6GHZ 1.3vcore just to be safe. Though, it's still nice to know how much ones CPU can be pushed. Especially if one needs the extra processing power :drool:

Whoa crazy. I just got home about an hour ago, but yeah I had to go to 1.39vcore as well to keep it at 4.0GHZ. I think for now I'll keep it at 3.6GHZ 1.3vcore just to be safe. Though, it's still nice to know how much ones CPU can be pushed. Especially if one needs the extra processing power :drool:
Bios it set to 1.325 for 2.8 Ghz

What does your memory say for voltage in windows.

Back