• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found a problem with GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

Found a problem with the GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)

I found that the memory will over volt when you select memory multiplier in any position it will volt 2.782, Bios is where i compared the voltage if you have it memory multiplier on auto it will show 2.0956 volts which is correct.

Do any of you have this problem. I can see why people are frying memory on this board:eek:

BIOS Ver : F7
GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)

Last edited:
I don't buy that. Wouldn't everything be unstable with the RAM getting that much juice? I had to loosen my timings. If it was getting more juice I would think I could tighten them up.

I don't buy that. Wouldn't everything be unstable with the RAM getting that much juice? I had to loosen my timings. If it was getting more juice I would think I could tighten them up.

LOL it's in bios screen you cant deny it it's running at 1066 at 2.0956 and running fine then it jumps way up when you select 2.1

it will just burn your ram out in 3 months from what I've seen :eek:

Last edited:
This is an extremely popular board used by hundreds of people, and you seem to be the only one having this problem. You sure it's not something else? I don't recall being able to see ram voltage in BIOS, too.

Also, if it's really at 2.78V, I don't think it takes 3 months to burn your ram. I am guessing it would be just a few seconds. Unless you have quality ram with huge heatsinks I guess.

btw, my board is the EP35-DS3L, which is slightly different (added power saving circuitry) from your P35-DS3L, and they have different BIOSes.

*edit*
I just double checked, my BIOS does have a DDR2 voltage reading, and it's at 2.000V now (which is correct, as I set it to +0.2V)
I guess you just got a faulty board. Have you tried contacting Gigabyte?

Last edited:
This is an extremely popular board used by hundreds of people, and you seem to be the only one having this problem. You sure it's not something else? I don't recall being able to see ram voltage in BIOS, too.

Also, if it's really at 2.78V, I don't think it takes 3 months to burn your ram. I am guessing it would be just a few seconds. Unless you have quality ram with huge heatsinks I guess.

btw, my board is the EP35-DS3L, which is slightly different (added power saving circuitry) from your P35-DS3L, and they have different BIOSes.

*edit*
I just double checked, my BIOS does have a DDR2 voltage reading, and it's at 2.000V now (which is correct, as I set it to +0.2V)
I guess you just got a faulty board. Have you tried contacting Gigabyte?
Just trying to see if anyone else with same board is having the same problem. I like you did not see the DDR voltage in bios at first i wonder how many other people did not see the bios memory voltage to

well but they sure would've saw/smelled the smoke that came out? :)

In the BIOS, 1.8V-2.0V is marked white, 2.0V-2.2V yellow, and 2.2V+ red, meaning dangerous. So.. 2.78V?

Are you saying you fried your memory this way? or is it just the reading?

What is your memory? and power supply?
OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Corsair HX620W

Just reading, I'm going to contact GIGABYTE see what they can do to fix my Bios, because everyone else says there readings are fine.

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the board has compatibility problems with DDR2-1066 memory (in SPD, but overclocking to that speed is fine). You may want to Google it up.

I have 2x1gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 @ DDR2-950 (also runs fine at DDR2-1066 on a divider. I'm just keeping it 1:1 with my FSB) and Antec Earthwatt 380W for your reference.

Have you tried flashing to a different BIOS and seeing if you get the same readings?
Yes now i have memory with low votage.

Memory votage in Bios is correct
Default 2.096v
+.1v = 1.872v
+.2v = 1.984v
+.3v = 2.096v
+.4v = 2.232v

Actual measurements of memory voltage with Fluke 87 v Digital meter
Default 2.119v
Memory multiplier switched from auto to any ratio 1.786v
+.1v = 1.888v
+.2v = 2.015v
+.3v = 2.119v
+.4v = 2.225v

Well i have been sending emails complaints to GIGABYTE every day and it's been a real struggle arguing with them, but today they said send some screen shots and they will duplicate it in the lab just goes to show the squeaky wheel gets the grease.:clap:

Back