• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 965 mobos and < 4GB RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I'm currently using an Abit AB9 Pro running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and 4GB of RAM. I'm thinking about upgrading to 8GB of RAM and populating all the memory slots. Are there any issues with this chipset and populating all the memory slots?

I'm currently using an Abit AB9 Pro running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and 4GB of RAM. I'm thinking about upgrading to 8GB of RAM and populating all the memory slots. Are there any issues with this chipset and populating all the memory slots?

If you're overclocking, it will run slower. Otherwise, no. No issues at all.

is shouldnt run slower, if anything your going to need more NB voltage. Since the NB will be stressed more, while ocing, if you are with all 4 dimm slot populated. if you at stock you much still need just a touch on the NB to make it stable.

Even with a modest 3GHz overclock my P965 Asus Commando took a full rack of 2gig sticks just fine.

I've never tried to OC the RAM though but at stock it runs just fine.

Back