• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better chipset heatsink for Biostar GF7050V-M7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
I have a very cheap Biostar GF7050V-M7 that uses a short southbridge-quality heatsink for the MCP. Under my use and abuse the MCP reads in the 70s celsius, hotter then I'm thinking it should be. The heatsink itself is quite hot to the touch.

It uses mounting similar to older nForce heatsinks, such as my nForce2 for example. Would an older chipset cooler, such as the NB1 or NB1-C, be well suited for this board? Is there a cooler better then the NB1 that I should use, or is it even needed at all? Maybe the current MCP temps are acceptable. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

I had some longer screws that came with a cheap Thermaltake fan that I had ordered, and they were perfect for screwing between the fins of the chipset heatsink with this old 40mm fan I've had lying around. The MCP temps have dropped twenty degrees.

Back