• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Formula OR P5Q Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

I have an Asus Rampage Formula right now, and just got a P5Q Deluxe for an HTPC... should I keep the rampage in the gaming/main pc or put the other in?

my E3110 is at 3.7 Ghz with 1.24V in cpu-z and 1.45V NB.... can't get it higher and stable (or to have all background programs to load) right now... Should I expect anything better with the P5Q Deluxe? (I'm looking at 4Ghz without too much vcore increase...or higher as long as i don't need to use high voltages).

thanks.

i dont see the oc getting any better going to the P45. i mean im use a P35 at 3.8ghz with 1.27v. if anything you need more cpu v to reach the clockspeed you are after. 1.24 just seems low if your going for 4ghz. if you are worried about putting voltage into 45nm people say 1.4v max, if thats to much then call 1.35v max.

Back