• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations on a board for light overclocking for under $150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mh454

Registered
I currently have an Abit IP35 Pro and been having problems (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=566373) I haven't gave up completely yet but I'm very close sending this back. If I do I'm pretty hesitant on getting the same one and maybe getting something different (Asus or Gigabyte probably). I already have 2 gigs of Corsair Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 and have another 2 gigs on the way so I really don't have to have DDR1200 support. When I say light overclocking I mean whatever my E8400 will go with very little voltage increase (3.6 GHz would be nice). I don't need RAID or SLI/Crossfire.

looks like no need for suggestion now you got everything take care of?

looks like no need for suggestion now you got everything take care of?

Updated my original thread since I have been having problems again. I'm just tired of tinkering to get this to work and will probably RMA this board. I'm looking at the Asus P5K Pro with its attractive price at $109 at NewEgg. Also took a look at the new P5Q Pro but don't know if the new P45 chipset has anything to offer me for the $40 price difference. Any other suggestions guys? Thanks.

well instead of the P5Q-Pro, why not get the P5Q? P45 is on a smaller process so it will run cooler then P35. another side affect is P45 are around board cheaper as well. as the Asus P5Q-Pro is what i would consider a Abit IP35-pro replacements. the P5Q-Pro is also $40 cheaper vs Ip35-pro on newegg, last time i looked at the IP35-pro cost. with P45 out i cant see suggesting P35, since new video cards can use PCIE2.0 which P45 has.

Back