• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro ATX DDR3 motherboards....any word?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i gotta question.... why would you want ddr3 on a matx board???

I like the small form factor. I'm never going to use crossfire or SLI so I don't need the extra PCIx16 slot that an ATX board would give me. I use 2 optical drives and usually 1 or 2 HDDs so I don't need a full case or even a mid-tower...etc. So, I might as well not waste the space.

I think mATX boards are starting to gain popularity in the OC market.

son son son....
son son son son son son son son .... son son ... son

I agree! You hot shot kids from Hollywood with those bigger-than-cars cases! PAH
But you gotta admit, it's all about the cable management.

yes but still, why do you need DDR3? you don't....

Intel has a new socket coming out in Sep or Nov or something... i don't think DDR3 will be needed until then and the price should start dropping with the new chips and socket.

yes but still, why do you need DDR3? you don't....

Intel has a new socket coming out in Sep or Nov or something... i don't think DDR3 will be needed until then and the price should start dropping with the new chips and socket.

I know, I know. I'm just getting a little anxious waiting around for Nehalem and socket 1366.

ya, would be nice to see prices drop to @ least $100-$150 1G or so

Yeah, no joke.

Just a little update on the DFI mATX board:

I just talked to a gentleman at motherboardpro.com. He said the release date of the LP Jr. P45 T3RS w/DDR3 should be around the end of July. He also said they are trying to get DFI to skip over the P45 chipset and go directly to X48!

Back