• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill Disaster - Going to Rehab

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copa329

Hey, looking for anyone with any advice. My pal Chad had a VAPOCHILL XE. It was runing fine for his overclocked AMD 939 1.2. OC'd to 2.5 or something. Anyway he installed a bigger PS and had to push the evap line out of the way to make it fit. The stress on the line eventually caused a crack and the coolant leaked out. It was almost 2 months before he found someone to solder it. He never had it refilled though.

I bought this unit from him with the PC hardware for $200.00 and now I am trying to find a shop that will refill it with coolant. The documentation for the bd35f Danfoss compressor says that it can be filled with R134a which I think makes it a XEII.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GO TO GET THIS DONE? I AM GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE IN SAN DIEGO, CA!

Please help me :bang head

yes thats what I have been doing - I found some guys that took it and they said that it needs a new dryer and to be evacuated and then they said that they found a leak - so they are requesting a parts list from the manufacturer - I am not sure if they mean Asetek or Danfoss. They are not the hippest guys around. I asked them to tell me what I owe them at this point. Waiting on that answer.

Oye they might try and screw you mate. Check the flexible line for a leak though, its always where it occurs.

If your still looking for R134-A Check your local auto parts store... I was looking around through one of mine (pepboys) and they had it in stock.

It is much less pure, you'll need to charge through a large filter drier, a 4-5ton minimum.

Back